Friday, July 5, 2013

Picture ExchangeCommunication System



We started with the first stages of the PECS ( Picture Exchange Communication System) with Henslee. SHE HAS DONE AMAZING!!! I love to see her choices. First Choice of movie was TOY STORY,. First Choice of  snack NUTRI GRAIN Bar :) I made 1000 of the small pictures that you see in the top right picture. Well those didn't work out so well so I have just taken my own pictures, printed and laminated as we go. She does well with about a 3x3 card. They are easier for her to see and grab. The other ones were way to small. Maybe as she becomes better we can start incorporating the small cards. IT IS SO MUCH FUN TO SEE HENSLEE HAVE A VOICE!! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy the PECS are working so well for you and Henslee at home. I always loved it when I would give Henslee a choice of two or three things at school but the thing she really wanted was not one of the choices, so she would open up the binder and find the thing she did want. She is such a smart cookie....LOVE her tons!!!

    ReplyDelete