Thursday, August 16, 2012

BRAVE

Well the order from her Geneticist came in the mail today.  I took Henslee to our local hospital lab and they drew her blood testing for Rett Syndrome. A more specific test than they did a year ago.  The sweet girl sat so still on my lap and didn't even flinch as they put the needle in her arm. This little chicka is BRAVE. The lab tech was darling with her and made faces at her the whole time. After she walked over and picked out a bracelet from the toy bin and I had a trusty sucker in my purse that she well deserved. I walked out and everyone in the waiting room could see her the whole time and were amazed at how BRAVE she was. She is my BRAVE little girl. One mom commented as she herself was having her blood drawn was that she wished she could've done that for her. I agree. There are sooo many times I feel the same way. I wish I could go through all the things she will go through. I get angry thinking that she is 2 and no 2 year old should ever have to be as BRAVE as she is.  I wish I could take this away from her. Henslee is BRAVE and she was sent to this earth to be BRAVE to show us all how to be BRAVE. She is such an example to me. I love this little Miss more than anything.  I need to be a little more BRAVE like my beautiful little girl is. 

1 comment:

  1. I think YOU are a very BRAVE Momma! No doubt, Henslee picks up on your bravery and it inspires her the same way it inspires you. Just one big huge circle of bravery and love going on between the two of you! :)

    ReplyDelete